- Release Date:2016
- Developer:Double Fine Productions
- Publisher:Double Fine Productions
- Language:EN / Multi4
- Crack:Not required
System RequirementsCPU: 1.7 GHz Dual Core
RAM: 2 GB
OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, ATI Radeon 4870 HD, Intel HD 3000, or equivalent card with at least 512 MB VRAM
Free Disk Space: 2.5 GB
DescriptionOriginally released by LucasArts in 1993 as a sequel to Ron Gilbert’s ground breaking Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle is a mind-bending, time travel, cartoon puzzle adventure game in which three unlikely friends work together to prevent an evil mutated purple tentacle from taking over the world!
Now, over twenty years later, Day of the Tentacle is back in a remastered edition that features all new hand-drawn, high resolution artwork, with remastered audio, music and sound effects (which the original 90s marketing blurb described as ‘zany!’)
Players are able to switch back and forth between classic and remastered modes, and mix and match audio, graphics and user interface to their heart's desire. We’ve also included a concept art browser, and recorded a commentary track with the game’s original creators Tim Schafer, Dave Grossman, Larry Ahern, Peter Chan, Peter McConnell and Clint Bajakian.
Day of the Tentacle was Tim Schafer’s ﬁrst game as co-project lead, and a much beloved cult classic! This special edition has been lovingly restored and remade with the care and attention that can only come from involving the game's original creators.
- 100% new hand painted, high resolution artwork
- Switch on the ﬂy between classic mode and remastered mode
- Remastered high quality voices, sound effects and music, with emulated “iMuse” style dynamic music
- Choose between two remastered music modes: modernized, re-voiced music, or classic music which sounds just like it did in the 90s
- Concept Art Browser
- Highly customizable user interface and experience, with mix and match options for old and new play styles - play with the verb bar in remastered mode, or the new verb dial in classic mode
- Commentary track with original creators: Tim Schafer, Dave Grossman, Larry Ahern, Peter Chan, Peter McConnell and Clint Bajakian.
- Game within a game: Includes full playable version of Maniac Mansion!
Gameplay Trailer Day of the Tentacle Remastered