DescriptionFossil Echo is a short and challenging story driven platformer with hand drawn 2D graphics. Set in a fantastical world, it tells a wordless tale of adventure and mystery.
Influenced by the Oddworld series, Ico, and Shadow of the Collosus, as well as Studio Ghibli films, Fossil Echo tells the story of a young boy and his journey to climb a giant tower in the middle of the sea. How and why he got there are questions that will be answered via playable flashbacks during his ascent. The game offers over 15 minutes of fully animated cutscenes and the story is told without any dialogue or written text.
- Varied and detailed environments
- Hand animated 2D characters
- Over 15 minutes of fully animated cutscenes
- A wordless, mysterious story
- Breathtaking orchestral score
- Very dynamic and demanding platforming gameplay
- Tense stealth mechanics
- - Easy Mode lets you enjoy the story without worrying too much about the challenge.
- Well hidden secrets and unlockables
- No HUD or on-screen indications
- Speedrun-Friendly (in-game timers...)
Gameplay Trailer Fossil Echo